May 2014 Meeting Minutes
Beckett Ridge HOA Board Meeting
May 20, 2014 at Tri-County Baptist Church
Call to Order/Attendance
Dennis Bender called the meeting to order at 6:35 p.m.
Board Members present were Dennis Bender, Terri McGill-Wong, Mark Morris, Debbie Olszowka, Sharon Palm, and Burt Young. Dave Burling, was absent with notice. Representative from Towne Properties also attended.
The Minutes of the Board of Trustees April meeting were approved as written.
Homeowner Requests/Concerns – Mr. & Mrs. Brad Beckett wanted to know about their improvement application submission which was subsequently approved by the Board
Architectural Control – several submitted and reviewed by the Board. Towne will notify the owners of the Board’s decision.
Brickman – Bob Wilson absent with notice
The Board reviewed the maintenance calendar with the Board. Several proposals were submitted for the Board’s review and decision. The Board approved the proposals. Board agreed to take a credit for the warranty plants at the West Gateway.
The Board reviewed and approved the current cash statement and delinquent status report.
The Board reviewed the log.
A. 2013 Maintenance Projects
1. Rollingwood Entrance – awaiting proposal for moving of the electrical boxes.
2. Windbrook Trail Street Lights –Board will meet with another electrician
3. Saratoga Farms Playground – Board agreed that it was wasteful to replace equipment that was still in good shape. However, the equipment is not as colorful as the other three playgrounds in Beckett Ridge. The Board agreed to get a quote for replacing some of the parts and possibly add some additional equipment.
- Creek Bend Drainage – Board met with Butler County and reviewed the original site plans and determined the location of the drains. Board agreed to Brickman’s proposal to clean up the debris built up around the exit pipe and overflow area. The bottom will be regraded and rip rap will be installed with two rock filters.
5. Garage Sale – Terri told the Board that signs have been ordered and will be installed at all Beckett entrances advertising the sale scheduled for June 7th
- Crossbridge Play Area – the Board discussed a recent altercation between two owners regarding vehicle access to the playground. The Board confirmed that vehicles are allowed to park at the playground to access the amenities but there is no overnight parking allowed. The chain will not be replaced with a gate.
There being no further business to come before the Board, the general meeting was adjourned at 7:55 p.m.
The next Board of Trustees Meeting will be held on Tuesday, June 17, 2014 at 6:30 p.m. at Tri-County Baptist Church.