June Meeting Minutes
Beckett Ridge HOA Board Meeting
June 17, 2014 at the clubhouse at Villages at Beckett Ridge COA
Call to Order/Attendance
Dennis Bender called the meeting to order at 6:35 p.m.
Board Members present were Dennis Bender, Dave Burling, Terri McGill-Wong, Mark Morris, Debbie Olszowka, and Burt Young. Sharon Palm, was absent with notice. Representative from Towne Properties also attended.
The Minutes of the Board of Trustees May meeting were approved as written.
Homeowner Requests/Concerns – Russell DeVane wanted to know about the status of his improvement application.
Architectural Control – several submitted and reviewed by the Board. Towne will notify the owners of the Board’s decision.
Brickman – Bob Wilson absent with notice
The Board reviewed the maintenance calendar. Board asked Towne to set up a meeting with Brickman to review the landscaping services in the community.
The Board reviewed and approved the current cash statement and delinquent status report. Board voted to send delinquent accounts to collection. Towne will send to Burt the latest CD rate report so the Board can decide what they want to do with the two CDs that will be coming up for renewal in July.
The Board reviewed the log.
A. 2013 Maintenance Projects
1. Rollingwood Entrance – rip rap scheduled to be installed on June 17th; meeting was held with engineer and electrician to determine timeframe and cost estimate to move electrical box. Electrician determined that the line(s) housed in the box are no longer in service with the exception of one that appears to control the lights on the driveway to the golf course. Towne will contact Duke to determine if the meter in question is being paid by the HOA.
2. Windbrook Trail Street Lights –contract given to Hilltop to repair ballast and move electrical panel
3. Asphalt Bids – Towne has one bid from a contractor and is attempting to get two other bids.
4. Community Violations – the Board asked Towne to move forward with implementing the fining policy regarding community violations. Fines will be levied against any owner who repeatedly violates the Association’s restrictions regarding trash cans in view; boats, trailers, etc parked in driveways; storage sheds; mailbox violations, etc.
- Playground Updates – the Board reviewed the quote from Recreations Outlet to add some additional play equipment at VC4 (Saratoga Farms). Towne passed around the catalog so the Board could see pictures of the proposed equipment. Some of the old equipment would be removed to make room for the new pieces. Fresh playground mulch will also be put down. The Board agreed to accept the proposal.
The Board also viewed the proposal to replace the benches and trash cans located long the path by VC3 (Sawgrass). The Board voted to replace just four of the six benches and trash cans. They also agreed to purchase the dome lids for the three trash cans located along the Boulevard.
- Community Website – the Board suggested setting up a meeting with the webmaster to discuss the website. If possible the Board would like to meet during the next Board meeting. Towne will set up the appointment
There being no further business to come before the Board, the general meeting was adjourned at 7:55 p.m.
The next Board of Trustees Meeting will be held on Tuesday, July 15, 2014 at 6:30 p.m. at Tri-County Baptist Church.