August 2014 Meeting Minutes
Beckett Ridge HOA Board Meeting
August 19, 2014 at Tri-County Baptist Church
Call to Order/Attendance
Dennis Bender called the meeting to order at 6:30 p.m.
Board Members present were Dennis Bender, Dave Burling, Mark Morris, and Debbie Olszowka. Sharon Palm, Burt Young and Terri McGill-Wong and were absent. Representatives from Towne Properties and Brickman were also in attendance.
The Minutes of the Board of Trustees July meeting were approved.
Homeowner Requests/Concerns – Kim Angelo addressed the Board about several concerns including the way the West Gateway looks and trampoline placement in golf-course yards. The Board assured her that the landscaping at Beckett Road and the Boulevard would improve. The concept of using more perennials and fewer annuals proved to be a mistake so Brickman is working on removing some of the perennials and adding more annuals. Also the curb repairs in the area disrupted the irrigation system so some of the landscaping died out. Trampolines are not prohibited by the Association and there is no restriction about how close they can be to the golf course.
Larry Huston also addressed the Board about the ongoing issue he as with golfers urinating in view of his golf-course home. In spite of his efforts to stop the problem by contacting the West Chester Police and the Beckett Ridge Golf Course the problem seems to be getting worse. He wanted to know if any other Beckett Ridge owners had similar complaints and if the Board had any suggestions. The Board confirmed that this is a problem throughout Beckett Ridge but there is nothing the HOA can do about the problem. Mark Morris suggested Mr. Huston take his complaints to the Township Trustees and perhaps the Township can help with a solution.
Two other owners were in attendance to observe a Board meeting.
Four applications were submitted. The Board approved two and approved the pool installation portion of the third one. The fence portion was rejected due to lack of information/photo of the proposed pool fencing. Towne will notify the owner that they need to send in the information. The fourth application for a three-season room was tabled until receipt of more information about the proposed roof.
Bob Wilson gave the report. He reviewed the maintenance schedule and QSA report. He noted that the turf repairs made to the Boulevard along the curbs by the County included seed that had germinated a lot of crab grass. He suggested having the Association ask for a credit from the County and use the money to have Brickman repair the areas. Towne will reach out to the County about doing this. The Board approved a proposal to remove a leaning tree in the common area by the Meadows if the tree is on Beckett Ridge common property. Towne will verify via the sectional plat maps. The Board met with Brickman on Friday July 18th and inspected several of the large common areas. The Board feels Brickman has dropped the ball in bed maintenance, the floral program and tree removal. Bob agreed that there are some problems and told the Board he was working on resolving the problems.
The Board reviewed and approved the current cash statement and delinquent status report. Board requested that Towne determine how much money from the reserves will be needed for the remainder of the year.
The Board reviewed the logs from Towne Properties. Board agreed to move forward with fines for those owners who received a third letter for the same violation.
- 2014 Maintenance Projects
- Rollingwood Entrance– Hilltop Electric submitted a bid to move the meter and no bid was received from the engineer. The Board agreed to accept Hilltop’s bid in the amount of $2,585.
- Asphalt – Apex has completed the paving of the Windbrook Trail playground path and parking area and has started the paving of the walking path between Beckett Road and Woodglen. The concrete curb work has begun on Woodcliff Drive in preparation for paving.
- Community Website – the Board reached out to the Beckett owner who has been the Association’s webmaster. Unfortunately the calls were not returned to discuss the website. In an effort to move forward, the Board agreed to sign a contract with Towne Properties to create a new website with Towne maintaining the site on a monthly basis. The Board asked Towne to send a letter to the Beckett Ridge owner thanking him for his efforts on the community website.
- Board Resignation – long-time Board member Burt Young has submitted his letter of resignation effective September, 2014. The Board will reach out to those Beckett Ridge owners who have expressed an interest in being on the Board to find out if any of them would be interested. If a candidate can be found, the Board can appoint someone to fill out the remainder of Burt’s term.
- Shed Approval Request – the Board reviewed a letter from an owner on Tollbridge requesting the Board grant them a shed waiver for the small plastic shed they have installed to house their pool equipment. The Board unanimously voted no and asked Towne to notify the owner they have thirty days to remove the shed.
There being no further business to come before the Board, the general meeting was adjourned at 7:50 p.m.
The next Board of Trustees Meeting will be held on Tuesday, September 16, 2014 at 6:30 p.m. at Tri-County Baptist Church.