February 2015 Meeting Minutes
Beckett Ridge HOA Board Meeting
February 18, 2015 at Tri-County Baptist Church
Call to Order/Attendance
Dennis Bender called the meeting to order at 6:30 p.m.
Board Members present were Dennis Bender, Russell Devane, Terri McGill-Wong, Mark Morris, Debbie Olszowka, and Sharon Palm. Dave Burling was absent. Representatives from Towne Properties and GroundsPro were also in attendance. Jim Matre, the Association’s legal counsel was also in attendance.
The Minutes of the Board of Trustees January meeting were approved.
Homeowner Requests/Concerns – Kevin Tinsley spoke to the Board about the future of the Beckett Ridge Golf Course and the Beckett Ridge Swim and Tennis Club. Both facilities are for sale. Mr. Tinsley represents a group of individuals who are interested in trying to save the Swim and Tennis Club. The group is looking for private investors. Dennis Bender explained that the Beckett Ridge Homeowners Association is not interested in being an investor nor was there any interest in purchasing the property and incorporating it as part of the Association’s amenities. Jim Matre explained that even if both properties were to be sold, they are part of the Beckett Ridge PUD which would have to be amended before anything could be built on either site. The changes to the PUD would have to be made by West Chester Township and would require changes to the zoning which would require public hearings. It would not be an easy process nor would it be a quick process. Best case scenario for both properties would be to have someone buy them and continue to operate them. Dennis suggested the group place an article in the next BR community newsletter.
Mr. Smith addressed the Board about concerns he has about a neighbor who is installing a concrete block retaining wall. The Board reviewed photos of the wall. It was agreed that the issue should be referred to West Chester Zoning.
Two applications were reviewed. One was approved and one was denied due to lack of needed information. Towne will notify the owners.
Grounds Pro Tony Wilson gave the report. He reviewed the maintenance schedule and four proposals. The proposals included replacements of the damaged landscaping at the Retreat, removing a dead tree by the Duke power station, changes to the West Gateway floral beds and the relocation of some perennials to other areas along the Boulevard. The Board approved all four proposals.
The Board reviewed and approved the current cash statement and delinquent status report. The delinquency amount at the end of January totaled $168,220.
Board agreed to investigate options for collecting unpaid assessments from those owners who are in collection but have moved out of Beckett Ridge. Since the assessment stays with the property and not the owner, legally the unpaid fees would be the responsibility of the new owner. However, likely the new owner does not know about the delinquency from the previous owner which should have been disclosed and collected by the title company handling the sale. Mr. Matre’s office will work with Towne on the list and make a report back to the Board.
Board also agreed to send out 10-day lien letters to any Beckett Ridge owner who has an unpaid 2015 balance that is older than 100 days. Delinquent accounts will have liens filed on them with no other notice.
- 2015 Project List – the Board reviewed the project list for the upcoming year. Towne will begin soliciting bids for those projects that require multiple bids.
- Architectural Control Committee – two members of the Board met with an owner who has expressed interest in serving on the committee. They recommended to the Board that this owner be appointed to the current committee. The Board voted unanimously to appoint this owner who will begin work on March 1, 2015.
- Annual Meeting – the Board reviewed the second notice which will be sent out the last week of February in advance of the annual meeting scheduled for March 17th.
- Association Website – Towne updated the Board on the newly revised Association website. All of the initial problems have been resolved and the information has been updated and/or corrected. One of the important features for the website will be the capability of doing an email blast to all owners who register on the website. The Board agreed to promote this in the next newsletter and asked Towne to include information in the second annual meeting notice.
- 2015 Community Garage Sale – The Board set the date for the garage sale as Saturday, June 13th.
- Next Newsletter – the next newsletter will be sent out by the end of March. The deadline for articles is March 20th.
There being no further business to come before the Board, the meeting was adjourned at 8:05 p.m.
The next Board of Trustees Meeting will be held on Tuesday, March 17, 2015 at 6:30 p.m. at Tri-County Baptist Church.
The annual meeting will be held the same date and location, beginning at 7:30 p.m.