September 2015 Meeting Minutes
Beckett Ridge HOA Board Meeting
September 15, 2015 at Tri-County Baptist Church
Call to Order/Attendance
Debbie Olszowka called the meeting to order at 6:30 p.m.
Board Members present were Dennis Bender, Dave Burling Terri McGill-Wong, Mark Morris, Debbie Olszowka and Sharon Palm. Russell DeVane was absent. Representatives from Towne Properties and GroundsPro were also in attendance.
The Minutes of the Board of Trustees August meeting were approved with one correction.
Homeowner Requests/Concerns – the Board reviewed an email from a concerned BR owner about a shooting that occurred over the Labor Day weekend at Leaf Back Drive. The local police were called and are investigating.
The Board discussed recent phone calls from BR owners concerning rumors about the sale of the BR Golf Course and the BR Swim/Tennis Club. At the present there is no confirmation of a sale for either. Dennis Bender shared with the Board a copy of the documents he received that includes a signed August, 2007 statement from the current owner of the BR Swim/Tennis Club that the property would remain active as a swim and tennis club if the Township agreed to his request to separate it from the Beckett Ridge Golf Club. The Board agreed that the BR HOA has no control or influence over the owners of either the Golf Club or the Swim/Tennis Club and their future plans for either facility. Redevelopment of either site would require approval from the West Chester Township Trustees and would be subject to public hearings.
Three applications were submitted. All were refused by the Board for different reasons. Towne will notify the owners of the Board’s decision.
Grounds Pro Tony Wilson gave the report. The Board reviewed the submitted proposal for work removing 190 trees from the green space. The Board tabled a decision until another proposal can be obtained by Towne.
The Board reviewed and approved the current cash statement and delinquent status report. The delinquency amount as of 9/9 /15, was $ 74,906.
- Community Violations Committee- tabled until a future date
- Updating the Community Restrictions – tabled until a future date; the Board is still working on the changes.
- Community Signage – the Board reviewed the final proposal from Frontier Designs. Dennis Bender had contacted several other sign companies about the project and none of them submitted a proposal. The Board agreed to accept the proposal from Frontier Designs for ten (10) neighborhood signs in the amount of $14, 910.00.
- Community Newsletter– being sent out this week
- Windbrook Trail Fire Lane – Towne notified the Board that the Township was reviewing all the information they had to determine who is responsible for clearing the over-hanging brush on Windbrook Trail which runs behind Shepherds Farm I and II. In the interim, the brush was removed by the Associations for Shepherds Farm I and II.
- Community Website – Towne is meeting with webmaster next week to go over
- 2016 Budget – Towne will begin working on the operating budget for 2016. The Board agreed to review their project list for next year so the proper funding will be in place.
There being no further business to come before the Board, the meeting was adjourned at 7:37 p.m.
Next Meeting – The next Board of Trustees Meeting will be held on Tuesday, October 20, 2015 at 6:30 p.m. at Tri-County Baptist Church.