October 2015 Meeting Minutes
Beckett Ridge HOA Board Meeting
October 20, 2015 at Tri-County Baptist Church
Call to Order/Attendance
Dennis Bender called the meeting to order at 6:30 p.m.
Board Members present were Dennis Bender, Dave Burling, Russell DeVane, Mark Morris, and Sharon Palm. Terri McGill-Wong and Debbie Olszowka were absent with notice. Representatives from Towne Properties and GroundsPro were also in attendance.
The Minutes of the Board of Trustees September meeting were approved with no changes.
Homeowner Requests/Concerns – None
Four applications were submitted of which two were re-submissions from the previous month. The Board approved three of them and tabled a decision on the fourth until the October meeting. Towne will notify the owners of the Board’s decision.
Grounds Pro Tony Wilson gave the report. The Board reviewed the second of the three submitted proposals for work removing 190 trees from the green space. The second bid from B&B Queen City Tree Service was $49,051. The Board agreed to accept the proposal from GroundsPro in the amount of $41,800. The work will begin in early November. Board also accepted the proposal to remove the dead taxus from the Saratoga Farms entrance. Tony told the Board about a sink hole that has developed off of Stirrup Court. At this point it seems to have stabilized and there is no obvious reason why the sink hole developed. Board agreed to have Grounds Pro monitor the area for any new changes.
The Board reviewed and approved the current cash statement and delinquent status report. The delinquency amount as of 10/13/15 was $ 72,683. The Board reviewed the Reserves statement. Dennis Bender told the Board that the Association should not be funding the Reserves for both the Sanctuary and the Retreat because the assessments these owners pay in addition to the annual assessment does not cover the annual expenses to maintain these two areas. Currently there is money in the Reserves accounts for both Sanctuary and Retreat which will remain in place. The Board voted to move the 2015 funding for Sanctuary and Retreat Reserves to the Community Amenities Reserves.
- Community Violations Committee- tabled until a future date
- Updating the Community Restrictions – tabled until a future date; the Board is still working on the changes.
- Community Signage – the Board reviewed the final copy for the new signs and approved the list. Dennis gave the Board a map indicating the proposed locations of the new signs. The Board also agreed to have dark brown posts for the signs rather than the same color as the sign material. Towne will send the information to Frontier Sign.
- Tree Removal– covered with Grounds Pro
- Windbrook Trail Fire Lane – not discussed but FYI to Board via email that Township made a determination of responsibility of maintenance of the fire lane.
- Community Website – Towne met with webmaster and it is possible to add a Q&A section to the website and a copy of the improvement application that could be filled in on the website and then sent to Towne for submission to the BR Architectural Control review. Board agreed to table the issue for now.
- 2016 Operating Budget – Towne prepared a preliminary budget for the Association’s 2016 fiscal year. The Board reviewed it as well as a report showing the monies actual spent so far in 2015. The Board tentatively agreed to approve the submitted budget with no increase in the annual fee but will hold off a final vote of approval until the November meeting.
- Holiday Lighting – the Board reviewed the proposal from Christmas Decor. Board voted to accept Option 2 which called for a pre-payment in the amount of $8189. The lights will be installed in November so they can be turned on at Thanksgiving. Dave Burling will try to find out who puts up the lights at Woods
- November Meeting Location – the Fellowship Hall will be unavailable for the November meeting. Board agreed to move the meeting location to VBR
There being no further business to come before the Board, the meeting was adjourned at 8:34 p.m.
Next Meeting – The next Board of Trustees Meeting will be held on Tuesday, November 17, 2015 at 6:30 p.m. at VBR clubhouse