February 2016 Meeting Minutes
Beckett Ridge HOA Board Meeting
February 16, 2016 at TBC Fellowship Hall
Call to Order/Attendance
Debbie Olszowaka called the meeting to order at 6:30 p.m.
Board Members present were Dennis Bender, Dave Burling, Russell DeVane, Mark Morris, Sharon Palm. Terri McGill-Wong and Debbie Olszowka. Representatives from Towne Properties and GroundsPro were also in attendance.
The Minutes of the Board of Trustees January meeting were approved with no changes.
Homeowner Requests/Concerns – none
Architectural Control – one submitted and approved. Towne will notify the owner.
Grounds Pro Tony Wilson gave the report. Several proposals were reviewed. One for a tree removal at the north end of Eagle Ridge was tabled until Fall; two for work in Rollingwood were approved. The proposals for the landscaping around the new signs were tabled until the sign locations are marked.
The Board reviewed and approved the current cash statement and delinquent status report. The delinquency amount as of 02/09/16 was $ 148,182. The Board approved filing liens and then foreclosure action on twenty (20) owners that are seriously delinquent and have made no effort to pay. The total due to the HOA is approximately $40,000. The attorney will notify each that a lien will be filed and then foreclosure action will be initiated if the debt is not settled.
Board reviewed three payment plan requests. Towne will notify the owners of the Board’s decision.
- Community Violations Committee- Debbie will meet with those individual who expressed interest
- Updating the Community Restrictions – with no further changes from the Board, the Board agreed to accept the new version. Towne will send to the Association’s attorney for his review and update.
- Community Signage – Towne notified the Board that the permit for the signs has been approved by West Chester Zoning and the permit will be issued by the end of the month. Towne will contact the sign company about scheduling a time to mark the locations of the new signs.
- Community Website – the Board agreed to upgrade the website to allow fill-in forms and to add a Q & A section.
- Tree Removal – Towne sent out bid specs to three companies. Two bids have been received. The Board agreed to vote via email once the third bid is received.
- Annual Meeting – Towne reminded Debbie and Sharon that they need to submit their resumes. The Board reviewed the agenda items for the meeting. The first notice will be via a newsletter sent in early March.
- Ohio Civil Rights Commission – an owner from VBR filed a complaint with the Ohio Civil Rights Commission about the holiday display that VBR installed. The owner named Beckett Ridge Master Association as part of the complaint. The Beckett Ridge attorney has answered the complaint.
- Solar-powered Crosswalk – Dave Burling updated the Board about his discussions with the Township about installing a crosswalk at the intersection of the Boulevard and Beckett Road.
There being no further business to come before the Board, the meeting was adjourned at 8:05 p.m.
Next Meeting – The next Board of Trustees Meeting will be held on Tuesday, March 15, 2016 at 6:30 p.m. at Tri-County Baptist Church.