January 2016 Meeting Minutes
Beckett Ridge HOA Board Meeting
January 19, 2016 at TBC Fellowship Hall
Call to Order/Attendance
Debbie Olszowaka called the meeting to order at 6:30 p.m.
Board Members present were Dennis Bender, Dave Burling, Russell DeVane, Mark Morris, Sharon Palm. Terri McGill-Wong and Debbie Olszowka. Representatives from Towne Properties and GroundsPro were also in attendance.
The Minutes of the Board of Trustees November meeting were approved with no changes.
Homeowner Requests/Concerns – Jack Bernard of 8396 Eagle Ridge addressed the Board about his previously submitted application for a fence with a metal gate. He provided the Board with photos of his property and the type of metal gate he wants to install. A representative from Lowes explained to the Board how the metal gate would tie into the split rail fence. The gate will not be visible from the street. The Board agreed to review the application again and to make the decision as soon as possible.
Grounds Pro Tony Wilson gave the report. One proposal for repairs to the turf area damaged by a car accident in December was approved. The Board requested that the driver of the car be sent the invoice for the repair since they are responsible.
The Board reviewed and approved the current cash statement and delinquent status report. The delinquency amount as of 01/06/16 was $ 69,548.
- Community Violations Committee- tabled until the February meeting.
- Updating the Community Restrictions – Debbie gave the Board the revised restrictions. She requested the Board review them and make any needed changes or suggestions and send them to her so the final document could be voted on in February.
Community Signage – Towne notified the Board that a zoning permit will be needed for the new signs. Part of the application will require the location of the new signs. Dennis Bender and Dave Burling volunteered to meet and note the location of the signs on the community map and with a photo so that the zoning application can be finalized. The Board agreed to pay Frontier Designs for the balance due on the signs and to pay for the installation when the signs are put into the ground.
- Tree Removal – Board discussed what to do with the dead trees that were cut down in November and left in the greenbelts. Now that the surrounding bushes have lost all their foliage, the downed trees are visible. Grounds Pro has gone back in and cut some of the larger pieces into smaller pieces and some have been removed. However, the contract called for Grounds Pro to just cut the trees down and leave them, not remove them. The Board decided to write up new specs and have Towne bid it out to now have the downed trees removed from the green space.
- Memorial on Common Area – the Board received a request from a BR owner whose son was killed in a car accident on the Boulevard. The family is requesting placement of a permanent memorial in the common area. The Board discussed the request and though they sympathize with the family and understand their desire for a memorial, the Association’s documents are very clear that individual owners are not allowed to place any personal items in the common areas. Towne will notify the family of the Board’s decision
- Changes to Community Website – Towne asked the Board if they want to make any changes to the website. Debbie indicated she will look at the site and note any features that need to be changed or added.
- Annual Meeting – the Board decided to change the date of the annual meeting from March to April. Notices will be sent out in March. There will be four (4) open positions on the Board. Those current Board members whose terms are expiring and who are interested in running again need to send their resumes to Towne.
- Community Garage Sale – Board chose the date of Saturday, June 11, 2016 for the community garage sale.
There being no further business to come before the Board, the meeting was adjourned at 8:27 p.m.
Next Meeting – The next Board of Trustees Meeting will be held on Tuesday, February 16, 2016 at 6:30 p.m. at Tri-County Baptist Church.