March 2016 Meeting Minutes
Beckett Ridge HOA Board Meeting
March 15, 2016 at TBC
Call to Order/Attendance
Debbie Olszowaka called the meeting to order at 6:30 p.m.
Board Members present were Mark Morris, Sharon Palm. Terri McGill-Wong, Debbie Olszowka Dennis Bender, Dave Burling and Russell DeVane. Representatives from Towne Properties and GroundsPro were also in attendance.
The Minutes of the Board of Trustees February, 2016 meeting were approved with no changes.
Homeowner Requests/Concerns – an owner who submitted an improvement application was present to answer questions about his planned project.
Seven applications were submitted. The Board approved six of them. The seventh application needs more information. The owner will be asked to re-submit with the missing information and the Board will review and vote via email. Towne will notify the owners of the Board’s decision.
Grounds Pro Tony Wilson gave the report. He reviewed the monthly maintenance schedule and answered questions from the Board. Tony told the Board that the drain off of Woodglen needs some significant work since the project was not finished by Brickman. He will meet with someone from the Board to review the scope of work that is needed. Tony submitted nine proposals for various landscaping projects in the community. The Board approved the drain cleaning behind Rupp Farm, the clean-up of the Meadows pond, the bush replacement at the Sanctuary wall, and the replacements of the plant material that was stolen at the West Gateway entrance. The plant replacements will be put in when the summer floral is installed. In addition the Board agreed to the proposals to install a new bed at the Amberwood Tot Lot sign and the changes to the Rollingwood entrance bed where the new sign is to be installed. The proposals for the bed changes at VC2 and VC3 where the new signs will be installed were rejected in favor of proposals from Greenbriar Landscape.
The Board reviewed and approved the current cash statement and delinquent status report. The delinquency amount as of March 7, 2018 was $ 108,774. The Association’s attorney has received payment plan requests from eight (8) owners. The Board reviewed each one and approved them all with the conditions that the plan must be followed as agreed; if the owner defaults the legal action will immediately resume, and those plans that carry over to 2017 and 2018 require that the Association fee that is due that year must be paid in full and on time. It cannot be added to the current payment plan. Towne will notify the owners of the arrangements.
- Community Violations Committee- Debbie has been in touch with the owners who have volunteered. The Board agreed to adopt a procedure for the committee to use.
- Updating the Community Restrictions – restrictions have been updated. They will be uploaded to the website. Notice of the new restrictions will be added to the annual meeting notice.
- Community Signage – Frontier Designs started the install of the new signs and will complete the install once the landscape beds are completed.
- Changes to Community Website– Sharon reviewed the website and provided a summary of the necessary changes and updates. Debbie suggested adding a poll to the site regarding holiday decorations
- Annual Meeting – the Board reviewed the planned annual meeting information that will be sent to all owners. In addition to the three current Board members who are running again, a fourth candidate has submitted a resume. Nominations will also be accepted at the meeting. Notices should be in the mail by the end of the month.
- New Improvement Application – Debbie showed the Board an updated improvement application that she would like the Board to adopt for immediate use. The new application requires more information from the owner about the planned project. The Board approved the application. She will send a copy to Towne so that it can be uploaded to the website.
There being no further business to come before the Board, the meeting was adjourned at 8:37 p.m.
Next Meeting – The next Board of Trustees Meeting will be held on Tuesday, April 19, 2016 at 6:30 p.m. at Tri-County Baptist Church. The annual meeting will be held at 7:30 p.m.