May 2016 Meeting Minutes
Beckett Ridge HOA Board Meeting
May 17, 2016 at TBC
Call to Order/Attendance
Debbie Olszowaka called the meeting to order at 6:30 p.m.
Board Members present were Terri McGill-Wong, Debbie Olszowka, Larry Huston, Dennis Bender, Dave Burling and Russell DeVane. Errol Feldman was absent with notice. Representatives from Towne Properties and GroundsPro were also in attendance.
The Minutes of the Board of Trustees April, 2016 meeting were approved with no changes.
Homeowner Requests/Concerns – none.
Five applications were submitted. The Board approved four of them. The application for a white picket fence was denied. The Board also denied an email inquiry from an owner on Timberchase who was considering a Kentucky four-board fence. The Board will no longer review inquiries about fence styles, building materials, etc. without submission of an actual improvement application. Towne will notify the owners of the Board’s decision.
Board requested Towne check for submission of an application for a deck addition on the back of a property on Olympia Court. If no application was submitted Towne will send a letter to the owner. The Association’s attorney will be contacting the owner on Woodbridge about their white panel fence and green chain-link backstop for their basketball hoop. There is no record of an application being submitted for either improvement and no response from the owner to the letters sent from the Association. Terri notified the Board that an owner in her neighborhood had installed a metal playset. Board requested Towne send a letter to the owner requesting submission of an improvement application for the playset and notification that metal playsets are not allowed and the set would need to be removed.
Grounds Pro Tony Wilson gave the report. He reviewed the monthly maintenance schedule and projects. Summer floral will be installed this week. Warranty replacements at roundabout will be planted. Many of the pine trees are struggling especially along Lakota West Drive, Beckett Road and along the Boulevard. He reviewed seven proposals with the Board. Board approved five of them. The Board decided to bid out the two proposals for landscaping at VC2 and VC3 to another landscaping company. Towne will send out the specs and the Board will review via email upon receipt of the proposal. The Board requested Tony check at 8093 Tollbridge to determine if the reported dead trees are on common area or private property. Debbie requested Tony submit a proposal for cutting back the honeysuckle.
The Board reviewed and approved the current cash statement and delinquent status report. The delinquency amount as of May 10, 2016 was $ 88,483. Motion approved to move forward with lien filings on those owners who have not followed their approved payment plan.
- Community Covenants Committee- update from Board; need to work on action plan for the committee. Terri and Larry will work together to draft committee rules
- Garage Sale – the sale is scheduled for Saturday, June 11. Towne has ordered donation truck from St Vincent de Paul which will be parked on Windbrook Trail beginning at 3:00 pm. Terri will place the ads in the local papers and put out signs at the community entrances.New Business
- 2016 Projects
- Dog Waste Stations – Amy from WCVC willing to donate the Doggie Waste Stations. Two will be placed along Blvd and one at Eagle Ridge north. Board requested that Towne refill the bags while policing the common areas. Dennis to provide bag refill information to Towne.
- Black lettering on Four Corners and Retreat Signage – Will Browning from Towne Properties to meet with a contractor next week to look at the stone signs at these two locations. Board doesn’t like the metal lettering which is difficult to see.
- Boulevard Trees – Board discussed the issue of adding more trees along the boulevard especially in those areas where several were removed.
- Utility Boxes – The Board wants to improve the look of utility boxes located throughout the community, especially along the boulevard. Dave contacted Duke and they are okay with the Association painting their boxes. Towne will contact TW about their boxes.
- Website – Debbie gave the Board a proposal from an outside company to handle the website. Board feels it needs control of the content rather than relying on an outside group such as Towne.
- Temporary Fences – Board discussed the issue of temporary fences especially around vegetable gardens. Debbie noted that there is an owner on Eagle Ridge that has a garden in their side yard that is visible from the street and the owner has put up a wood fence around the garden. Majority of the Board feels garden fences are unsightly and unnecessary especially if the backyard has a perimeter yard fence. Board voted to send violation letters for anyone putting up a temporary fence.
- Golf Course/Clubhouse – Terri notified the Board that the golf course and clubhouse have been sold. No firm details have been released about the buyer’s intentions.
There being no further business to come before the Board, the meeting was adjourned at 8:02 p.m.
Next Meeting – The next Board of Trustees Meeting will be held on Tuesday, June 21, 2016 at 6:30 p.m. at TBC.