June 2016 Minutes
Beckett Ridge HOA Board Meeting
June 21, 2016 at TBC
Call to Order/Attendance
Debbie Olszowaka called the meeting to order at 6:37 p.m.
Board Members present were Terri McGill-Wong, Debbie Olszowka, Larry Huston, Dennis Bender, Dave Burling, and Russell DeVane.. Representatives from Towne Properties and GroundsPro were also in attendance. Jim Matre was also in attendance.
The Minutes of the Board of Trustees May 17, 2016 meeting were approved with corrected changes.
8909 Timberchase – requested a variance on allowing their metal playset. After discussion from both the homeowner and the Board, the Board will review their request make their decision and notify the homeowner.
8159 Mellowtone – reported that there are several homes in the neighborhood that need to be inspected for community maintenance violations. A discussion followed and Towne is going to contact West Chester Township for a copy of the Property Maintenance Code and follow up with a neighborhood inspection and send a report to the township for violations to their Property Maintenance Code restrictions.
7878 Drawbridge – owner had requested to meet before the Board regarding the violation letter regarding his Clematis trellises but he failed to attend the meeting. The Board did hold a discussion regarding his request for the trellises and a motion passed unanimously not to allow the trellises and they must be removed.
Applications approved were:
9026 Turfway Trail – fence
8525 Eagleridge – patio extension and tile work
5845 Olympia Fields – deck replacement
5396 Leatherwood – new deck
One application was denied:
8909 Timberchase – metal playset
Grounds Pro Tony Wilson gave the report. He reviewed the monthly maintenance schedule and projects and gave an update on all ongoing projects. A discussion followed on the cherry trees that are being impacted by black knot and the Board requested a bid with specifications for removal and replacement of the diseased cherry trees.
Clearing the vegetation on Crossbridge is being addressed. The Board passed a motion to clear all the vegetation from the sidewalk area on Crossbridge.
The Board requested a bid to remove 4 dead trees behind 7852 Ironwood Way. The specifications on the bid would be a clear cut to the ground – no stump removal.
The Board also requested a bid to cut back overhanging tree limbs on Indian Ridge back to Beckett Ridge’s property line.
Will Browning from Towne Properties gave the financial summary. The current amount in the Operating Account is $370,190, and the Reserves Account has a balance of $577,000. There is $91,048 in delinquencies of which $24,315 is late fees and $16,848 is legal fees.
The communication, violation, and payment plan logs were reviewed and the following were noted:
- There are two addresses on Turfway Trail that need to receive a violation letter
- Follow-up inspections and correction of violations need to be noted on the violation log.
- West Chester Township Resolution 06211 will be included in any violation letter regarding parking of trailers in Beckett Ridge.
- Two requests for payments plans from owners were reviewed and accepted.
- Community Covenants Committee- Terry and Larry asked for additional time to gather the necessary information that is needed to draft the committee rules. As information is obtained, it will be sent to the Board members for opinions.
- 2016 Projects
- Dog Waste Stations – Dennis has been in contact with Amy from WCVC and, as soon as the Doggie Waste Stations are available, he will pick them up and install them. Two will be placed along Blvd and one at Eagle Ridge north.
- Black lettering on Four Corners and Retreat Signage – Will Browning from Towne Properties suggested that the visibility for the sign on Eagle Ridge would be improved by removing one tree that is blocking the view of the sign, change the lighting on the sign, and remove some of the vegetation. He is also going to check with Porter Paint for some paint ideas. The Board likes the look of the signage at “The Landings” and would like a bid to compare with that signage.
- Boulevard Trees – Board will walk the areas where it would be advantageous to put the 10 trees given to Beckett Ridge and mark those areas with stakes.
- Utility Boxes – Towne contacted Time Warner about making repairs to the utility boxes and they will not be doing any repairs and stated that the Association can do whatever they want. Will Browning is going to have Towne maintenance come out and cosmetically repair what they can to the utility boxes.
- Website – The requested changes have been made on the website and it is functioning as requested. There is a wording change and a format change that needs to be made on the Architectural Restrictions.
- Resident Correspondence – The Board has requested that copies of all correspondence sent to homeowners, both emails and hard copies, also be sent to the Board
- Fining Policy – The Fining Policy was passed in June 2013 and will be incorporated in the body of any violation letter so the recipient is aware of what will happen if the violation is not cured within the designated time. It will also be noted in the correspondence that they have a right to a hearing before the Board if they request one.
- Email voting – The Board had a discussion regarding voting by e-mail and it was discussed that they should only vote on issues that were previously addressed in meetings. Discussions will not be initiated and voted on via email.
- Hearings – Anyone who is requesting a hearing before the board will be advised that time will be set aside for the hearing at the next scheduled Board meeting.
- A motion was passed to send a letter to all residents of Rollingwood offering $1000 reward for information leading to the apprehension and conviction of the person responsible for the vandalism to the large tree in Rollingwood.
There being no further business to come before the Board, the meeting was adjourned at 9:02 p.m.
Next Meeting – The next Board of Trustees Meeting will be held on Tuesday, July 19, 2016 at 6:30 p.m. at TBC.