August 2016 Meeting Minutes
Beckett Ridge HOA Board Meeting
August 16, 2016 at TBC
Call to Order/Attendance
Debbie Olszowaka called the meeting to order at 6:34 p.m.
Board Members present were Debbie Olszowka, Dennis Bender, Dave Burling, Terri McGill-Wong, and Russell DeVane.. Will Browning represented Towne Properties and GroundsPro was also in attendance.
The Minutes of the Board of Trustees July 19, 2016 meeting were approved as submitted.
8066 Kingfisher – owners are requesting a variance on the location of a fence in the yard of their home. They gave their presentation and concerns to the Board as to why they were requesting this variance. The Board will review the information presented and will make their decision by the next Board meeting.
6938 Hialeah – the attorney representing the homeowner whose white picket fence has been denied by the Board requested that the Board consider changing their decision and presented his reasons as to why he is making the request. The Board will review his request and the attorney for the Board will notify the owner’s attorney before the next Board meeting.
Applications approved were:
7980 Quail Meadow – three season room
7878 Drawbridge – arbor
8105 Tollbridge – deck
8668 Rupp Farm – wooden play set
8227 Bent Tree – replace decking on existing deck
Applications not approved as submitted:
8894 Hialeah – solar panels were denied
8066 Kingfisher – fence – tabled until next meeting
7878 Drawbridge – privacy panel – denied based on materials used
GroundsPro Tony Wilson gave the report. He reviewed the monthly maintenance schedule and projects and gave an update on all ongoing projects. The Indian Ridge and Crossbridge cut-back is complete and the Millcreek cub-back and trash clean-up is in progress. The Woodglen drain project is still in progress.
The following proposals were reviewed:
Removal of three dead pine trees
Stump removal on Woodglen
Cut guide wires on approximately 60 Imprellis impacted trees
Crossbridge creek clean-out
Replacement trees for the damaged Canadian cherry trees at the entrance
Will Browning from Towne Properties gave the financial summary. The current amount in the Operating Account is $290,524 and the Reserves Account has a balance of $580,356. There is $83,204 in delinquencies. A request for a payment play from an owner was denied based on the length of time that was requested to repay the debt.
The communication, violation, and payment plan logs were reviewed and no changes were noted.
- Community Covenants Committee- Larry was not at the meeting so the update has been tabled until the September meeting.
- 2016 Projects
- Signage at Four Corners and Retreat –Cleaning of the stone walls is in progress and ideas were discussed for the lettering on the signs on the walls. It was discussed that lighting changes and removal of an ornamental tree will make the signs more visible.
- Entrance Landscaping and Irrigation – The decision on the dying cherry trees at the entrance has been tabled until next spring. All proposals for landscaping and irrigation work for the entrance have been tabled until further bids are obtained.
- Hiker Path – There will be a 5 foot cut-back on the overgrowth on the hiker path. The Board approved the bid from Shaw Tree Service to complete this project.
- Woodcliff Retaining Wall – work has begun to complete the repairs on the retaining wall
- Violation Notifications – Violations letters will be sent standard mail on the first notification. The second and third notification will be sent certified and failure to comply with the documents and cure the violation by the third notification will result in an enforcement assessment of $25.00 per day until the violation is cured.
- Christmas Lights – will be discussed at the September meeting
- 2017 Budget
- Management contract
There being no further business to come before the Board, the meeting was adjourned at 8:43 p.m.
Next Meeting – The next Board of Trustees Meeting will be held on Tuesday, September 20, 2016 at 6:30 p.m. at TBC.