July 2016 Meeting Minutes
Beckett Ridge HOA Board Meeting
July 19, 2016 at TBC
Call to Order/Attendance
Debbie Olszowaka called the meeting to order at 6:32 p.m.
Board Members present were Debbie Olszowka, Dennis Bender, Dave Burling, and Russell DeVane.. Representatives from Towne Properties and GroundsPro were also in attendance. Jim Matre was also in attendance. Terri McGill-Wong and Larry Huston were absent.
The Minutes of the Board of Trustees June 21, 2016 meeting were approved as submitted.
7878 Drawbridge – owner requested some clarification regarding the application for the clematis trellis that was not approved by the Board. The owner presented pictures of similar structures and the Board will inspect these structures and address accordingly. He also inquired about several suggestions that would allow the request to be approvable. The Board explained that the Architectural Restrictions must be followed and there must be consistency.
Applications approved were:
5460 Crossbridge – split rail fence
8936 Steeplechase – patio construction
One application was denied as submitted:
7993 Quail Meadow – “Little Free Library” in front of home
Grounds Pro Tony Wilson gave the report. He reviewed the monthly maintenance schedule and projects and gave an update on all ongoing projects. A discussion followed on the three Canadian cherry trees that are being removed due to black know disease and what would be the best choice for replacement of these trees.
The bid to remove 4 dead trees behind 7852 Ironwood Way will be presented at the August meeting.
The Board and Towne representative are going to walk the area along the boulevard and the community path to make a determination of the scope of work necessary for the brush removal. The discussion was tabled until next month’s Board meeting.
Will Browning from Towne Properties gave the financial summary. The current amount in the Operating Account is $332,000, and the Reserves Account has a balance of $577,000. There is $85,000 in delinquencies. The Board requested that Towne meet with the Association’s attorney to discuss the best direction to take to collect the outstanding fees.
The communication, violation, and payment plan logs were reviewed and the following was noted:
- Modify the violation log to make it date specific so more accurate records can be established.
- Community Covenants Committee- Terry and Larry were not at the meeting so the update has been tabled until the August meeting.
- 2016 Projects
- Signage at Four Corners and Retreat –Towne Properties has received a quote on brushed aluminum signs for Four Corners and The Retreat and will also get competitive quotes from other companies. They also got a quote to clean all of the 13 sandstone walls. Towne highly recommended that the walls be cleaned first to see the results before spending money on new signage. One side of the sign at the Woods of Beckett will be cleaned and the Board will review the results to see how well it works.
- Utility Boxes –Towne maintenance came out and cosmetically repaired and straightened the utility boxes.
- Fining Policy – The Association’s attorney will send an updated Enforcement Assessment policy to the Board before the next Board meeting.
- Boulevard/Windbrook Trail Hole Update – It was reported that Butler County will be addressing this issue.
- Rollingwood Tree Damage Update – There has been no response to the letter sent to the Rollingwood residents. The Board requested that GroundsPro raise the canopy on the damaged tree and even up the trunk.
- Mellowtone Ct. Subdivision Repair Update – Letters went out to homeowners on the need for repair to their siding. A discussion followed on the importance of establishing the Community Covenants for the Association.
- Hilltop Proposal – A motion was passed to accept the bid from Hilltop for the LED lighting on Windbrook Trail as long as the lighting and brightness is similar in intensity.
- Other – Charles Bartlett will address the Board at the August meeting
There being no further business to come before the Board, the meeting was adjourned at 8:36 p.m.
Next Meeting – The next Board of Trustees Meeting will be held on Tuesday, August 16, 2016 at 6:30 p.m. at TBC.