October 2016 Meeting Minutes
Beckett Ridge HOA Board Meeting
October 18, 2016 at TBC
Call to Order/Attendance
Debbie Olszowaka called the meeting to order at 6:30 p.m.
Board Members present were, Dennis Bender, Dave Burling, Russell DeVane, Errol Feldman, Larry Huston, Debbie Olszowka and Terri McGill-Wong. Representatives from Towne Properties and GroundsPro were also in attendance.
The Minutes of the Board of Trustees September, 2016 meeting were approved with one change.
Homeowner Requests/Concerns – none
Decisions were made on the following applications:
- 8111 gazebo – tabled until November pending request for more information about gazebo
- 8039 Kingfisher – fence – tabled until November pending request for better map
Approval was given on the following application:
- 5981 Eaglet – fence was approved
GroundsPro Tony Wilson gave the report. He reviewed the monthly maintenance schedule and new proposlas and gave an update on all ongoing projects including planting of the nine (9) trees. Board gave verbal okay on new landscaping contract. Debbie requested a meeting with Tony to discuss summer floral.
Debi Perkins from Towne Properties gave the financial summary. The current amount in the Operating Account is $217,303 and the Reserves Account has a balance of $571,369. The Cash Reserves Account Balance of $333,718 exceeds FDIC limits. Board agreed to move $150k into a 12-month CD. There are $71,824 in delinquencies. Towne sent out 10-day lien letters to anyone who has not paid 2016 fees.
The communication, violation, and payment plan logs were reviewed. Additional violations were noted and requested that the management company follow up on these violations.
- Community Covenants Committee- lengthy discussion about consistency of inspections for violations and Board’s responsibility for follow up on noted violations.
- 2016 Projects
- Signage at Four Corners and Retreat –lettering at Four Corners was painted white; discussion if color change makes a difference D.
- Hiking Path Trimming/Stump Removal – Shaw Tree did work but needs to go back to finish work that was not completed.
- Holiday Lighting – Board accepted bid from Turf Care and agreed to the pre-payment
- Towne Management Contract – tabled due to request for additional changes
- Lighting Proposals
- Hilltop – Board accepted bid for light repair on Windbrook Trail
- Osterwich– Board reviewed proposal for upgrading lighting to LED; decision tabled.
- Architectural Control Review – discussion about whose responsibility it is to follow up on completed projects; no decision made
- 2017 Operating Budget – Board review preliminary budget; agreed to keep annual fee at $240 per year
- Four Corners – Board agreed to get bids on clearing out brush line along hiker/biker path from Four Corners to Sawgrass. Dennis will prepare specs.
- Board Responsibilities– Dave Burling suggested Board members take more active role in running HOA. Each Board member be assigned an area of responsibility such as meeting minutes, landscaping, architectural control, violations, etc. Decisions still would need Board approval but contractors and management company would have one point of contact on Board.
- New Business Items– Towne suggested that any new business be brought up at the next Board meeting rather than via an email sent to Towne. This would allow input from the entire Board rather than from one or two who respond with comments after the initial email is sent to Towne. Also allows items to be incorporated into meeting minutes.
There being no further business to come before the Board, the meeting was adjourned at 9:10 p.m.
Next Meeting – The next Board of Trustees Meeting will be held on Tuesday, November 15, 2016 at 6:30 p.m. at TBC.