September 2016 Meeting Minutes
Beckett Ridge HOA Board Meeting
September 20, 2016 at TBC
Call to Order/Attendance
Debbie Olszowaka called the meeting to order at 6:27 p.m.
Board Members present were Debbie Olszowka, Dennis Bender, Dave Burling, Larry Huston, Errol Feldman, and Russell DeVane.. Debi Perkins and Will Browning represented Towne Properties and GroundsPro was also in attendance. Terri McGill Wong was absent from the meeting.
The Minutes of the Board of Trustees August 16, 2016 meeting were approved with one change. Errol Feldman was present at the August meeting.
8066 Kingfisher – owner was present with additional information requesting the variance on the location of a fence in the yard of their home. There was a lengthy discussion with the Board as to why they were requesting this variance. The Board will make their decision in the Executive session following the general meeting and the owner will be notified in writing of the decision of the Board.
Applications approved were:
8975 Steeplechase – new roof
8942 Steeplechase – deck with covered porch
9017 Hialeah – deck replacement with composite materials
GroundsPro Tony Wilson gave the report. He reviewed the monthly maintenance schedule and projects and gave an update on all ongoing projects. There was a discussion on multiple dead trees throughout the community. The Board requested that the trees be marked by GroundsPro and the Board will then inspect them and make a decision on the best way to address the removal of the dead trees. A bid was requested for the removal of dead trees on Woodglen and on Lakota Drive. The Woodglen drain project will be completed the week of September 26.
The following proposals were reviewed and voted upon by the Board
8628 Rupp Farm drain cleaning – approved
Guy Wire removal – Board is waiting for an additional quote
Lake Beckett clearing – approved
West Gateway landscape additions – Board is waiting for an additional quote
Perennial additions to light pole pockets – not approved.
The Board requested a quote to lower the mulch beds at the light poles to ground level.
Debi Perkins from Towne Properties gave the financial summary. The current amount in the Operating Account is $257,092 and the Reserves Account has a balance of $580,426. There are $74,633.75 in delinquencies.
The communication, violation, and payment plan logs were reviewed. Additional violations were noted and requested that the management company follow up on these violations.
- Community Covenants Committee- Larry Huston gave a presentation on the Community Covenants and the goal of the committee. A discussion followed regarding the importance of consistency with objectivity and enforcement of the Covenants and Restrictions of the association and to stress community awareness of the current covenants.
- 2016 Projects
- Signage at Four Corners and Retreat –Cleaning of the stone walls is complete at the Retreat and the stone walls are currently be cleaned at Four Corners. The lettering on the sign at the Four Corners will be painted white. When complete, the Board will inspect and decide if this is acceptable.
- Mellowtone Ct. subdivision repair – Some owners had been notified of needed repairs to the siding on their homes and an update was given regarding the responses that were received from these owners.
- Landscaping along Hiker/Biker Path – The work will begin on the Woodglen path on September 22 by Shaw Tree Company and will be inspected upon completion.
- Towne Management Contract Renewal – the new management contract was presented to the Board for their review.
- Holiday Lighting – The proposal for the holiday lighting for the community was presented by Turf-Care. After a brief discussion, the proposal was accepted subject to prior approval and the addition of install and removal dates of the lights.
- GroundsPro renewal contract – A three-year renewal contract was presented to the Board from GroundsPro. The Board reviewed and approved the contract with addendums to be added prior to signing the contract.
There being no further business to come before the Board, the meeting was adjourned at 8:41 p.m.
Next Meeting – The next Board of Trustees Meeting will be held on Tuesday, October 18, 2016 at 6:30 p.m. at TBC.