November 2016 Meeting Minutes
Beckett Ridge HOA Board Meeting
November 15, 2016 at TBC
Call to Order/Attendance
Debbie Olszowaka called the meeting to order at 6:30 p.m.
Board Members present were, Dennis Bender, Dave Burling, Russell DeVane, Errol Feldman, Larry Huston, Debbie Olszowka and Terri McGill-Wong. Representatives from Towne Properties and GroundsPro were also in attendance.
The Minutes of the Board of Trustees October, 2016 meeting were approved with one change.
Homeowner Requests/Concerns – The homeowner at 8909 Timberchase requested an exception for a metal playset because of two children with special needs. The attorney for Beckett Ridge stated that the homeowner needs to submit documentation showing why this metal playset meets the needs of her children where another playset would not.
Decisions were made on the following applications:
- 6080 Eaglet – Owner submitted a revised application for a wooden playset and it was approved.
- 8938 Hialeah – Re-submission of an application for a vinyl board fence in place of the vinyl picket fence. This application was denied and fence must be removed within 30 days.
- 8066 Kingfisher – Safety barrier was approved based on Board members want to look at the project to ensure that it is being completed as submitted on the application.
- 8111 Eagleridge – Gazebo built on the deck – Decision tabled until the owner addresses the Board bringing construction drawings and explaining why this structure is not a free-standing structure.
GroundsPro Tony Wilson gave the report. He reviewed the monthly maintenance schedule and new proposals and gave an update on all ongoing projects. Board approved the guy wire bid. The snow removal proposal was reviewed and approved, noting the 2” snow guideline. All of the stone walls have been cleaned and will be inspected. The plan for the summer florals are completed and it was noted that there will be no yellow flowers.
The financials were reviewed and approved. The current amount in the Operating Account is $190,346 and the Reserves Account has a balance of $571,433. There are $69,347 in delinquencies. The Board approved the filing of liens on the homeowners who received 10-day lien letters and have not paid the 2016 assessment.
The communication, violation, and payment plan logs were reviewed.
- Community Covenants – lengthy discussion with Jim Matre, attorney for Beckett Ridge, regarding the responsibility of the Board on the interpretation and enforcement of the Architectural Restrictions of the Association. A discussion also on the court costs and legal costs involved if this should become necessary to enforce the restrictions and covenants of the Association. The Board requested a meeting/workshop with the attorney to review the guidelines for enforcement of the restrictions of the Association and to further discuss the “special individual assessment”.
- 2016 Projects
- Signage at Four Corners and Retreat –A decision on the painting of the lettering on the signage was tabled until the spring.
- Hiking Path Trimming/Stump Removal – There is still more clean-up needed and it was decided that Towne Properties and Larry Huston will walk the area to see what still needs to be done.
- Entry LED Lighting – This item was tabled until further discussion.
4. Dead/Dying Tree Bids – The Board needs an additional bid on this project.
3. Towne Management Contract – The management contract was approved. The Board wants the Treasurer of the Board to approve and sign-off on any special projects that have been approved by the Board before payment is made
4. 2017 Operating Budget – The budget was reviewed and approved by the Board.
5. Architectural Control Review – No decision was made on whose responsibility it is to follow up on completed projects.
A discussion was held regarding the architectural violation letters. The Board requested that the management company follow up with sending out the architectural violation letters based on the pictures that are taken of the violations. If there is a questionable violation, the picture will be sent to the Board for the decision
6. Board Responsibilities – A discussion on assigning individual Board members to specific duties was held. It was agreed that this will be very effective and there will be a follow-up meeting to gather more details.
- Walking Path Clean up – Four Corners to Sawgrass There were two bids submitted and the Board voted to accept the bid from Beeker. If there are any modifications needed for the specs of the bid, this will be discussed with the contractor.
- Beckett Road/Smith Road Roundabout – Discussion on the road closing and re-routing due to the construction of the roundabout. Any questions or complaints are to be directed to BCEO
- New Board member – The Board introduced Susanne Anton, who volunteered to be an interim Board member to fill the vacant seat on the Board. The opening on the Board was created since Terry McGill-Wong decided to step down from the Board. Ms. Anton will serve on the Board until the Beckett Ridge annual meeting in May 2017.
There being no further business to come before the Board, the meeting was adjourned at 9:48 p.m.
Next Meeting – The next Board of Trustees Meeting will be held on Tuesday, January 17, 2017 at 6:30 p.m. at TBC.