January 2017 Meeting Minutes
Beckett Ridge HOA Board Meeting
January 17, 2017 at TBC
Call to Order/Attendance
Debbie Olszowaka called the meeting to order at 6:32 p.m.
Board Members present were, Susanne Anton, Dennis Bender, Dave Burling, Russell DeVane, Errol Feldman, Larry Huston, Debbie Olszowka. Representatives from Towne Properties and GroundsPro were also in attendance. One owner from Rollingwood also attended.
The Minutes of the Board of Trustees November, 2016 meeting were approved.
Homeowner Requests/Concerns –None
No New Submissions
Decisions were made on the following previously submitted applications:
- 8909 Timberchase – Owner submitted documentation regarding exemption request for metal playset. Board approved playset with condition that it must be removed when the owners sell their house or move out.
- 8938 Hialeah – Owner requested more time for fence removal for 45 days from December 19th; Jim Matre will follow up with owner’s attorney.
- 8111 Eagleridge – Gazebo built on the deck – Owner did not attend meeting as requested by Board. Application for gazebo rejected because free-standing structures are not allowed. Letter to be sent to owner notifying them of Board’s decision. Homeowner in the audience asked if other gazebos in the community would be removed. Dennis replied that they would be required to be taken down but it would take some time to get everyone to comply.
GroundsPro Tony Wilson gave the report. He reviewed the monthly maintenance schedule; new proposals and gave an update on all ongoing projects. Board approved the crabapple tree removal and ash tree removals behind 8416 Eagle Ride. Both projects are to be completed within thirty days.
The financials were reviewed and approved. Debi responded to questions about some of the expenses.
The communication, violation, legal and payment plan logs were reviewed.
- Community Covenants –
The Board will meet with Jim Matre on March 7th for a meeting/workshop to review the guidelines for enforcement of the restrictions of the Association and the “special individual assessment”.
- 2016 Projects
- Four Corners and Retreat –Board agreed to keep lettering at Four Corners white and to get bids on painting the lettering at the Retreat.
- Stone Wall Lettering – Board agreed to get bids for painting the lettering on the stone walls
- Entry LED Lighting – Board tabled idea of LED lights at entrances. Requested Towne ask Duke about upgrading Boulevard lights to LED.
- Dead/Dying Tree Bids – The Board tabled this project until a later date
- Architectural Control Review – Board agreed this was their responsibility. Towne will provide to the Board by the 15th of the month an updated list of Supplemental Architectural Restrictions violations.
- Board Responsibilities – No action taken on assigning responsibilities to individual Board members. Issue tabled for now.
- Walking Path Clean-up – Beeker’s Lawn completed brush cutback and cleanup of the walking path from Four Corners to Sawgrass. Board approved payment of $13,000 invoice.
- Update Zoning Violation – 6058 Taylor Ridge – Township has closed their investigation but will continue to monitor and investigate any further complaints about a business being operated at this address.
- Beckett Road/Smith Road Roundabout – Errol expressed concerns about this project. Dave Burling volunteered to contact the County Engineers to see if he could get more information and possibly have someone attend a meeting.
- 2017 Maintenance Projects – planned projects for upcoming year include the following:
- Walking Path Sealcoating – Board requested bids for sealcoating path from Four Corners over to Beckett Road.
- Sign Landscaping – Board requested GroundsPro provide a bid for upgrading the landscaping at the Woodfield and Four Corners signs
- 2017 Annual Meeting –
- Meeting to be held in April on the 18th after the regular Board meeting
- First Notice to go out in February
- Board Candidates – four open positions including Dennis, Dave, Russell and Susanne.
- Fence Damage – Board agreed to have GroundsPro provide a quote for removing downed tree that fell on fence at 5726 Woodbridge.
- Walking Path Clean-up – Debbie submitted a proposal from Beeker’s Lawn to continue the cleanup along the walking path. The area to be cleaned is on either side of St. Andrews and west along the path to the cart path. Larry asked if another bid had been solicited from GroundsPro or other landscaper/tree removal company. Board discussed if an additional bid was needed and decided not to request another bid. The proposal in the amount of $16,750.00 was approved by the Board with one no vote and one abstention.
- 2017 Meeting Calendar– Board approved the 2017 meeting schedule: February 21, March 21, April 18, May 16, June 20, July 18, August 15, Sept 19, October 17, and November 21. There will be no December meeting
There being no further business to come before the Board, the meeting was adjourned at 8:26 p.m.
Next Meeting – The next Board of Trustees Meeting will be held on Tuesday, February 21, 2017 at 6:30 p.m. at TBC.