February 2017 Meeting Minutes
Beckett Ridge HOA Board Meeting
February 21, 2017 at TBC
Call to Order/Attendance
Debbie Olszowka called the meeting to order at 6:30 p.m.
Board Members present were Susanne Anton, Dave Burling, Russell DeVane, Errol Feldman, Larry Huston, and Debbie Olszowka. Dennis Bender was absent with prior notice. Also in attendance were Debi Perkins from Towne Properties, Tony Wilson from GroundsPro, James Matre from Matre Law Group and three representatives from Butler County Engineer’s Office: Steve Miles, Shirley Oney and Matt Loeffler. Three residents from the community were present.
The Minutes of the Board of Trustees January 2017 meeting were approve with one change.
Presentation by Butler County Engineer’s Office
Steve Miles and Matt Loeffler provided the Board with a project summary of the traffic circle being installed at the intersection of Beckett and Smith Roads. Work is scheduled to begin in 2018 and the intersection will be closed for 3 months during construction. As the project start date gets closer Shirley Oney will be in contact with the nearby residents and communities with more information. Project details can be found on the Butler County Engineer’s website http://www.bceo.org/future.html.
A homeowner from Sawgrass addressed the Board regarding a violation letter he received for a pool fence. After a lengthy discussion, the Board agreed to make their decision in the Executive Session and the homeowner will be notified of their decision by mail.
A homeowner from Eagleridge addressed the Board about a violation letter he received for an arbor that was installed prior to his home purchase. While he commented that he didn’t like the arbor and was willing to take it down he was inquiring about the policy of pre-existing violations on homes when they are purchased. The homeowner was notified that the Board is directing Towne Properties to be more diligent about violations to the community architectural restrictions and situations may arise were new homeowners purchased property with violations. The Board is making every effect to work with new homeowners to correct any previous violations.
- 8111 Eagleridge – A board member is going to call the owners and request that they attend the March meeting and provide proof that the gazebo is not a free-standing structure on their deck.
- 8938 Hialeah – Report from Jim Matre that the owners are not going to remove the fence and the issue will probably have to be decided in court.
- 8787 Rupp Farm – covered patio was approved.
- 5828 Owl Nest – screened in porch was approved.
- 8627 Rupp Farm – sunroom on rear deck was approved.
GroundsPro Tony Wilson gave the report. He reviewed the monthly maintenance schedule; new proposals and gave an update on all ongoing projects. The Board approved the following proposals: Hollow Oak drainage clean out ($4,118.36), 8634 Rupp Farm tree removal ($85.20), Pine Tree deep root feeding ($1,067.66), Vehicle rut damage repair ($180.46) and Woodfield landscape renovation ($2,607.76).
The financials were reviewed and approved.
The communication, violation, legal and payment plan logs were reviewed. A notice will be mailed with the Annual Meeting notice explaining the inspection and violation procedure throughout the community.
- 2016 Projects
- Painting of Lettering at the Retreat Entrance – Towne Properties is requesting bids, there has been no action since January 2017 meeting.
- Painting of stone wall lettering through the community – Towne Properties is requesting bids, there has been no action since the January 2017 meeting.
- Entry LED Lighting – Duke Energy is sending proposals for upgraded boulevard lighting.
- 2017 Maintenance Projects – planned
- Walking path sealcoating – Towne Properties should request bids for the entire path
- Sign landscaping – Woodfield and Four Corners – bids requested
- 2017 Annual Meeting Notice
- Date is April 18th
- Notices – first notice was mailed and the second notice is scheduled for March 17th.
- Board candidates – resumes received from Dennis Bender, Dave Burling, Russell DeVane, Suzanne Anton, Ronda DuVall, and Debra Steel.
- Tree at 5726 Woodbridge – work has been completed by GroundsPro
- Walking Path Cleanup – work has been completed by Beeker Lawn & Landscaping and the Board will check the completed work to ensure that it has all been done as proposed.
Debbie Olszowka informed the Board of a homeowner’s request to place a permanent memorial on Beckett Ridge Boulevard near the Rollingwood entrance. The homeowner’s son was killed in an automobile accident and the memorial would be located at the spot of her son’s death. The initial request was for a small bench and plaque. There was a lengthy discussion and input from the Board’s attorney, James Matre, for what the Association can do legally and safely at that location. The Board, with a majority vote, made the decision that a permanent memorial could not be placed on HOA Common Space and that for five years from the date of her son’s death, there can be erected for two weeks on the anniversary of his death, a flat, 2ft.by 2ft. memorial. After a period of two weeks any items remaining will be removed by Towne Properties. It has been two years since his death so the memorial can be erected for the next three years. The Board also sincerely expresses their sympathy on the loss of her son.
There being no further business to come before the Board, the meeting was adjourned at 9:24 p.m.
Next Meeting – The next Board of Trustees Meeting will be held on Tuesday, March 21, 2017 at 6:30 p.m. at TBC.