April 2017 Meeting Minutes
Beckett Ridge HOA Board Meeting
April 18, 2017 at TBC
Call to Order/Attendance
Debbie Olszowka called the meeting to order at 6:30 p.m.
Board Members present were Dennis Bender, Dave Burling, Russell DeVane, Errol Feldman, Larry Huston, Susanne Anton, and Debbie Olszowka. Representatives from Towne Properties and GroundsPro were also in attendance. Jim Matre also was in attendance.
The Minutes of the Board of Trustees March 2017 meeting were approved with no revisions.
Homeowner Requests/Concerns – none
- 7993 Woodglen – patio, pool decking, cooking area, and fireplace.
The decision on the application was tabled until the May meeting. The owner is requested to attend the May meeting and provide a plat map and more detailed information regarding the materials and dimensions of accessory structures.
- 7880 Woodglen – screened rear porch.
The application as submitted was denied. Board requests that the application be re-submitted with a shingled roof.
- 7878 Drawbridge – screened in porch and deck enlargement.
The application as submitted was denied. The Board requests more information on the roof. The re-submitted application may be approved via email if the roof material is acceptable.
GroundsPro Tony Wilson gave the report. He reviewed the monthly maintenance schedule and gave an update on all ongoing projects and completed projects. At the Board’s request GroundsPro measured the gradient behind 8655 Rupp Farm to provide options for alleviating standing water. A 2 inch slope extends between a storm drain and common space along Lakota Drive so Grounds Pro will provide a proposal for extending the storm sewer pipe at the May meeting.
The financials were reviewed and approved.
The communication, violation, legal and payment plan logs were reviewed. A discussion followed on the violation process and the Board is pleased with the response and cooperation of the homeowners in this endeavor.
- 2016 Projects
- Painting of Sign Lettering – 4 bids were requested and two have been received. Will be provided to Board at May meeting.
- Painting of Stone wall lettering –4 bids were requested and two have been received. Will be provided to Board at May meeting
- Boulevard lighting –Towne Properties contacted Duke Energy regarding the suggestion that the current light poles be retro-fitted with LED lights. There has been no response from Duke Energy thus far.
- 2017 Projects
- Walking path sealcoating – Towne has met with two contractors and is scheduling with the third contractor
- Fence Painting/Replacement – bids requested for the common area fencing at Saratoga Farms along West Chester Road and in the Sanctuary. Towne is waiting on an additional bid. Once that bid is received, the bids will be presented to the Board and voting will be done via email.
- Violation Notices – The Board reviewed the violation format letters and were approved to be the standardized letters sent to homeowners regarding violations to the Architectural Restrictions of the Association.
- 8655 Rupp Farm – standing water in common area.
In an earlier discussion, GroundsPro will provide a proposal to extend the storm water drain further into the common space along Lakota Drive.
There being no further business to come before the Board, the meeting was adjourned at 7:15 p.m.
Next Meeting – The next Board of Trustees Meeting will be held on Tuesday, May 16, 2017 at 6:30 p.m. at TBC.