March 2017 Meeting Minutes
Beckett Ridge HOA Board Meeting
March 21, 2017 at TBC
Call to Order/Attendance
Debbie Olszowaka called the meeting to order at 6:30 p.m.
Board Members present were, Susanne Anton, Dennis Bender, Dave Burling, Russell DeVane, Errol Feldman, Larry Huston, Debbie Olszowka. Representatives from Towne Properties and GroundsPro were also in attendance. One owner also attended.
The Minutes of the Board of Trustees February 2017 meeting were approved after a few revisions.
Homeowner Requests/Concerns – A homeowner from Rupp Farm Drive addressed the Board regarding the improvement application for a three-board Kentucky board fence that he recently submitted requesting a variance on the location of the fence due to sewer lines at the side property line and trees at the rear property line. The Board reviewed the application and the additional information that the homeowner provided and voted to approve the application with the variances allowed.
8111 Eagleridge – The Board made the decision that the structure on the deck is not a free-standing structure and would be acceptable to the architectural restrictions if the roof is removed.
- 8655 Rupp Farm – 3-board Kentucky board fence – approved with variance
- 5939 Owl Nest – patio approved
GroundsPro Tony Wilson gave the report. He reviewed the monthly maintenance schedule; new proposals and gave an update on all ongoing projects and completed projects.
A breakdown of the contracts with the Sanctuary, the Woods at Beckett, and the Retreat were presented by Tony Wilson and a discussion followed.
The financials were reviewed and approved.
The communication, violation, legal and payment plan logs were reviewed. On the violation log, the Board requested that the date of the violation should be noted in the violation letter sent out. There was also a discussion about how to inform the homeowners the process available to pay their annual fees using a credit card. The Board also requested that, if it is noted that a call was forwarded to another person, that person is to make a notation on the communication log of the discussion of the follow-up phone call.
- 2016 Projects
- Painting of Sign Lettering – 4 bids were requested
- Painting of Stone wall lettering –4 bids were requested
- Boulevard lighting – After a lengthy discussion, it was determined by the Board to suggest that the current light poles be retro-fitted with LED lights
- 2017 Maintenance Projects – planned
- Walking path sealcoating – Towne will provide bids at the next meeting
- Sign landscaping –Four Corners – bids requested
- Fence Painting/Replacement – bids requested for the common area fencing in the West Chester Road area.
- 2017 Annual Meeting Notice
- Annual meeting is April 18. Notification of the results of the election will be made after the ballots are counting and verified by the attorney for Beckett Ridge. Any unassigned proxies will be assigned to the Board President.
- Community Garage Sale
The Beckett Ridge community Garage Sale has been scheduled for Saturday, June 10.
There being no further business to come before the Board, the meeting was adjourned at 7:38 p.m.
Next Meeting – The next Board of Trustees Meeting will be the annual meeting and will be held on Tuesday, April 18, 2017 at 6:30 p.m. at TBC.