October 2017 Meeting Minutes
BECKETT RIDGE HOA MEETING AGENDA
October 17, 2017 at 6:30 pm
Tri-County Baptist Church Fellowship Hall
Call to Order: Debbie Olszowka called the meeting to order at 6:32 pm
Attendance: Board members in attendance included: Debbie Olszowka, Russell DeVane, Errol Feldman, Larry Huston, Dennis Bender, and Dave Burling. Tony Wilson represented Grounds Pro. Nancy Fay & Spring Kersey represented Stonegate Property Management Inc.
Suzanne Anton arrived at 6:40pm
Approval of Previous Meeting Minutes: The Minutes of the Board of Trustees September 19, 2017 were approved with no changes.
8655 Rupp Farm asked if he could remove the straw that was placed in his yard for help with drainage control. The Board deferred to Tony Wilson of Grounds Pro. Tony said it would be fine.
8655 Rupp Farm stated that he believes that the biggest part of the delay of rectifying the flooding issue on Rupp Farm is that everyone, (Township, County, Board,) is “lawyering up” He would like to be able to just sit and talk.
Judy Murphy asked about garbage can coverage. She stated that in a previous meeting it was mentioned that fencing to cover the garbage cans may be allowed. Debbie Olszowka said no, that fences would never be allowed.. Judy commented that people are already doing it, and not well. Debbie told her that the board was finalizing an amended Supplemental Architectural Restrictions, which allows garbage cans to be covered by foliage, as long as it covers 75% of the can(s) year round.
- 8841 Eagleridge Patio & Walkway – Approved
- 7933 Woodglen Patio, Cooking Area, Fireplace & Wood boxes – Approved
- 7682 Willow Run Siding, whole house. – Approved
- Grounds Pro:
- Maintenance Schedule
- Mowing still in progress
- Pulling the remainder of summer flowers and completing the fall flower install
- Irrigation winterization will be going on later this month through early next.
- Leaf removal
- Proposal for Multiple Tree Removal / Install
- Removing 16 various dead trees including stumps, ground will be returned to existing condition; mulch or turf
- Proposal for Small Landscape Bed Renovation
- Remove the 3 grasses from the landscape beds on Beckett Ridge Blvd – Approved via email after definite answer from West Chester Fire Department
Dennis Bender asked Tony if there was a certain reason for the amount of salt quoted for the private drives included in the proposal for next year. (Proposal not present and the exact amount was not mentioned.)
Tony responded that was just the traditional amount. It has seemed in the past that if the main roads were salted, that the phone would be ringing as to why the private drives were not.
Dennis said he just wanted the rest of the board to understand, as they will be discussing the budget later in the meeting.
Debbie asked Tony: if watering flowers was included in the contract.
Tony responded yes. Anything that flips over from one year to the next is included in the contract for watering. When (if) the weather dries and it requires more watering, that is when there is an additional charge.
- Property Manager:
- As of 10/1/2017 Dumpin Dogz Professional Pet Waste Removal, has been contracted for emptying the 3 dog stations, filling the bags and emptying trash cans along the walking path. This will be done once a week on Thursday. – Stonegate Property Management was under the impression that only the trash cans on the walking path needed to be emptied, as Grounds Pro was taking care of the cans in the Play areas. This is not the case and Stonegate Property Management will look into if Dumpin Dogz will take over emptying all of the cans, and clean up not only the walking path but also the opposite side of Beckett Ridge Blvd as well as the median.
- Invoice arrived from Pinnacle Paving & Sealing for the walking path paving. Should this be paid from Operating Expense or Reserves – There is budgeted monies in reserves for the work. Dennis wants a copy of the invoice so that he can confirm that all the contracted work was completed. He does not believe that it was.
- Deed for Parcel ID M5620300000022 has been recorded.
Dennis Bender, said that he has found two more lots in Beckett Ridge that are still in the name of a developer / Company other than Beckett Ridge. Dennis told Jim Matre that he would forward him the information.
- Nancy Fay told the board about the meeting Matre Law (Jim Matre & Amber Richter) had with Stonegate Property Management, Inc. (Nancy Fay & Spring Kersey), on Thursday October, 12th to discuss processes and exchange additional information.
- Financial Reports were included
- All finances have not been received from Towne Properties as of 10/12/17. In communications with Tyler Ryan of Towne Properties, he says that 5/3 was not being expedient with closing accounts and cutting checks. He said that he should have the packet in hand on Friday 10/13/17 or Monday 10/16/17 at the latest
Communication – Violation – Payment Plans:
- Beckett Road Traffic Circle Compensation – Board is countering the offer from Butler County, asking that the 25’ evergreen tree either be moved or that Butler County reimburse the Association for full replacement cost. – Butler County has agreed to leave the tree in place, but will still pay the same proposed amount for the easement. Debbie Olszowka made a motion to approve, Dennis Bender 2nd, all in favor, motion passed. Debbie Olszowka will sign and send to Shirley O with Butler County.
- Supplemental Restrictions: Review Corrections
- Board reviewed and other corrections were suggested. Debbie Olszowka will make correction and Email to Board for review.
- Document Storage: Russell DeVane is looking for a secure place to store all the association documents. – Russell DeVane suggested Google Docs, as the best cloud storage, Board agreed. Russell also commented that he would secure and schedule training for the board members.
- Walking path paving – Was completed on Oct 3rd. – Dennis Bender commented that he didn’t believe that 2 coats of asphalt were laid. He requested that Stonegate Property Management forward him the invoice and he would contact the contactor
- Eight (8) lights out in the round-a-bout at Eagleridge – Butler County was on site Sept 21st, all lights have been replaced.
- Ornamental Grasses that were planted by the hydrant on Beckett Ridge Blvd have been stolen. Dave Burling is contacting West Chester Fire Department to see if the grasses are still required. – Email received on 10/5/17 from Capt. Scott Brooks of the West Chester Fire Dept., stating that the trucks will not be accessing the grassy area so the ornamental plants are no longer needed. Dave Burling asked that Tony Wilson of GroundPro submit a bid to turn the mulch beds back to turf. Dennis Bender felt the answer was vague and not as definite as he would like.
Debbie Olszowka will be reaching out again to get a definite answer
- Review Stonegate Property Management’s Violation Letter. – Approved, Board would like to see a draft of the 2nd Violation letter which will come from Stonegate Property Management, and the 3rd Letter which will come from Jim Matre’s office.
- 8082 Mill Creek Cross Claim – Drop the claim and write off balance
- 5322 Leatherwood – Still missing siding. – Send letter to owner
- 5365 Leafback – Car is still on wheel chocks. – Send violation letter
- Scheduling Annual Playground Inspections. – Approved, Stonegate will schedule.
- Dave Burling presented a proposal from Christmas Décor, to decorate the common areas with lights for the holidays. The Proposal was from 2016, he was told by Ed Holcomb the price would not change. Dave made a motion to vote via email when the corrected bid came in. Debbie Olszowka 2nd, all in favor.
Next Meeting: November 21, 2017 at 6:30 pm.