November 2017 Meeting Minutes
BECKETT RIDGE HOA MEETING AGENDA
November 21, 2017 at 6:30 pm
Tri-County Baptist Church Fellowship Hall
Call to Order: The meeting was called to order at 6:28 pm by Debbie Olszowka.
Attendance: Board members in attendance included Debbie Olszowka, Russell DeVane, Errol Feldman, Dennis Bender, Larry Huston, Susanne Anton and Dave Burling. Bob Wilson represented GroundsPro. Spring Kersey and Nancy Fay represented Stonegate Property Management, Inc.
Approval of Previous Meeting Minutes: The October meeting minutes were approved with no corrections.
Peter Szyika 7868 Woodglen Drive:
Mr. Szyika voiced concern about the increase in fees.
Debbie Olszowka commented that they would be voting on the budget this evening, and they would take his comments and concerns into consideration.
Dennis Bender commented: We have been running at about the same price. It’s not only the entrance way but also there are three (3) other green spaces in the Woods of Beckett that need to be maintained. The biggest issue is that since the neighborhood was completed there has been no price increase and today homeowners are only paying 30% of this cost.
With all the various work that gets done, does the board bid out the contracts for this work?
Dennis Bender commented: The Board bids out contracts every 3 years.
Is all of the increase related to the entry way?
Dennis Bender commented: Yes, keeping in mind that there has not been an increase of this cost in 20 years. There should have been slight increases every other year or so to ensure that sufficient funds are being collected.
Are any other neighborhoods getting increases?
Dennis Bender commented: Yes, Both The Retreat and Sanctuary.
Is there a way to potentially do less maintenance on the entry to reduce the cost?
Dennis Bender commented: The only way is to get all of the residents in The Woods of Beckett to vote in favor of this.
No other Questions / Comments
- 8184 Eagleridge Deck Replacement – Approved
- 5100 Crossbridge Kentucky 3 Board Fence – Approved
- 8228 Quaker Ridge Kentucky 3 Board Fence – Approved
- Grounds Pro:
- Maintenance Schedule
- There is one mow left for the season
- Will continue doing bed maintenance and leaf removal
- Finishing perennial cut backs
- Rupp Farm Drainage Maintenance Program Proposal – Board asked that the proposal be amended and resubmitted to include:
- 2018 Proposal
- Debris fences will be visually marked with paint. Cleanup will not occur until debris reaches that marked height.
- Board will be notified via email after each inspection.
- Maintenance Schedule
- Property Manager:
- Letter sent to owner of 5322 Leatherwood regarding the missing siding on the garage. – No response from homeowner.
- 5558 Greenwillow chimney issue. – Send homeowner a letter.
- Proposals from Dawson and Company CPA. One is for review of financial data, the 2nd is for audit. Association documents require a review annually. Stonegate Property Management wanted to offer the opportunity of the audit. – Tabled for executive session to discuss.
- Proposal from Recreations Outlet, to replace broken tunnel entry & infant swing. –
- Dumpin Dogz will take over emptying all of the trash cans in Beckett Ridge, picking up the loose trash from both sides of Beckett Ridge Blvd, as well as the median.
- Phone call from Joel Henney, of 8077 Mill Creek. He claims that he never received any invoices for his 2017 HOA fees and would like both his late fees and attorney fees waived. After long discussion, issue was approved to be addressed via email.
- The Wood of Beckett entry, there are 11 lights out. Hilltop Electric gave quote over the phone:
- Two (2) Wheel Lights Labor $270.00
- One (1) Photo Cell Material $445.00
- Three (3) Rock Guards Total $715.00 with tax
- Eleven (11) Lamps Email quote from Hilltop will be arriving next week.
Debbie Olszowka motioned to accept, Dave Burling 2nd, all in favor.
Jim Matre – Was not present, no legal was covered.
- Financial Reports Included – Accepted
- All finances received from Towne Properties 10/23/17
Communication – Violation – Payment Plans:
- All Logs are attached. –
- 8006 Kingfisher Agreement – Dennis Bender provided a draft letter to be sent to home owner. Minor changes were suggested. Dennis will revise and send to Spring Kersey to mail.
- Walking path paving invoice, sent to Dennis Bender to review work. Walking path invoice approved. Need to schedule in April, a second coat of asphalt for the walking path.
- Scheduling Annual Playground Inspections. – Play ground inspections to be completed in December by Greg Hennecke, CPSI, CSRM, and Certified Playground Inspector. Exact days will be scheduled later this month.
- Violation Letter, draft of the 2nd Violation letter which will come from Stonegate Property Management, and the 3rd letter which will come from Jim Matre’s office. Approved
- Google Docs Document Storage.
- Dave Burling presented a proposal from Christmas Décor, to decorate the common areas with lights for the holidays. The Proposal was from 2016, he was told by Ed Holcomb the price would not change. Dave made a motion to vote via email when the corrected bid came in. Debbie Olszowka 2nd, all in favor. – Email sent on November 3rd from Dave Burling regarding the 2017 holiday light display for Beckett Ridge. No vote via email occurred. Dave Burling motioned to accept the proposal, Susanne Anton second, in favor: Debbie Olszowka, Russell DeVane, and Errol Feldman. Opposed: Dennis Bender and Larry Huston. Motion passed.
- Supplemental Restrictions: Review Corrections – Board agreed on all the corrections made. Amended Supplemental Restrictions will be uploaded to the Beckett Ridge web site.
- Proposal from Hilltop Electric Company, Inc. to convert incandescent lights to LED at “Four Corners Entrance” – This proposal was tabled until the underground wiring at the sign can be fixed.
- Budget Approval – Budget was approved.
- Dave Burling let Stonegate Property Management know that it is time to schedule a “Lamp Check” for the property with Hilltop Electric – Spring Kersey will contact Hilltop Electric and schedule.
Adjournment: Meeting was adjourned at 8:05 pm. The Board began executive session.
Next Meeting: January 16th, 2018
Approved at the 1-16-18 Board of Trustees Meeting.