ARCHITECTURAL CONTROL GUIDELINES
ARCHITECTURAL CONTROL APPLICATION – The Association has been charged with the responsibility of maintaining the aesthetic and architectural character of the Homeowners’ Association.
Any owner desiring to make any exterior change, improvement or addition (including change of color) must obtain approval for the change or improvement from the Association through its Board of Trustees and/or Modification Architectural Committee. All applications will be considered on an individual basis and all reasons presented for the improvements will be weighed and evaluated, based on the following consideration:
- The harmony of external design and location in relating to surrounding buildings in the community.
- The recognition of future maintenance problems or expenditures the installation might cause the Association.
- Adherence to Guidelines and Use Restrictions established in the Declarations of Covenants, By-Laws etc.
The procedures for this are as follows:
- Submit to Stonegate Property Management, Inc. a complete description of the improvement with a drawing, photograph or catalog picture and specifications as necessary. Attach plot plan of the lot where the improvement or modification will be located on the lot. Attach to a completed Improvement Application.
- The Board of Trustees and/or designated Committee will review and the Application will be approved, disapproved or additional or alternative recommendations for the improvement/modification will be suggested. The owner will receive a notice of the decision within several days. If you have a specific date for work to begin, please be sure to note the date on the application.
- Any change, modifications or improvements made by an owner is the responsibility of the owner for maintenance, repair and/or replacement.
- Unauthorized changes, modifications or improvements must be removed or restored to original condition at the discretion of the Association, through its Board of Trustees and will be at the expense of the owners.
The purpose of the Architectural Control approval is not to discourage improvements, but to control the nature of improvements to those that enhance the value and conform to the overall aesthetic appearance of the community. This control shall be looked upon as a protection of your investment. The Board of Trustees and the Association members are in favor of improvements and encourage owners who desire to personalize their homes to do so within the limitations of the Declaration of Covenants, Conditions and Deed Restrictions and By-Laws.